These are some links that you may find useful.
Places to Shoot
- Events open to the public at Racine County Line Rifle Club
- Training Calendar for Wisconsin Firearms Training Center
- Home page for McMiller Sports Center. A public range in the Southern Unit of the Kettle Moraine State Forest.
- Daniel Boone Conservation League also runs a public range. It is in the Northern Unit of the Kettle Moraine State Forest.
Project Appleseed is an excellent program for learning the basics of rifle marksmanship. They have events at several of the ranges listed above.
These are products that I have found useful on Amazon. Most are not available from my distributors, so it is easier to point them out here.
If you follow any of these links and then make a purchase I make a little money from Amazon.
- AR Training Magazines These inserts make any magazine a training magazine. They allow you to dry fire with your magazine in place without having to “gut it” or fight the bolt catch.
- 9MM and 40SW Training Magazines These inserts can change any pistol magazine into a training magazine. They allow you dry fire with your magazine in place, and not have the slide lock back.
- These Teslong borescopes are what I use to inspect barrels.
- The Long Range Shooting Handbook by Ryan Cleckner is an excellent place to start if you have an interest in shooting at longer distances.